Tuesday, October 6, 2009

R.I.P. Ziggy Marie Stardust

My hamster Ziggy passed away on Thursday (just 2 days before the big race).
We had a mini funeral for her and she is buried next to the house in the front/side yard. We couldn't bury her in the backyard, since my roommates dog is likely to dig her up. Dwight and Saras hamster, Timothy raced in her honor on Saturday. Timothy got fourth place and Dwight totally blew it, but that's ok.

Ziggy was an old gal. Almost 2 years old. That's pretty old for a hamster. Their life expectancy is only 2-3 years.
I remember the day I got her. I was in Witchita Falls with Tyler, Kela and her family for Stevo and Carlys wedding. Tyler and I had driven there the day before for the ceremony and then we spent the night so we wouldn't have to drive back at night.
The next day we hung out some more with the Kunderts. We ended up in Petco, and that's where I met Ziggy. At first I wanted to get a male hamster so I could name him Bowie, but all the males looked kinda scary and not cute at all. So I decided to go with a cute little girl ham ham; Ziggy.

Ziggy Marie Stardust will be missed. She was one of the greatest hamsters to ever live.

1 comment:

Colt said...

i am actually a little teary eyed right now....makes me sad :(