Monday, June 29, 2009

Jens' Birthday Weekend-

-Was pretty rad.
I didn't get any pictures simply because I didn't bring my camera; Jens said they probably wouldn't allow big cameras into Emos. And I would have just brought it to take pics of things other than the show, but I didn't feel like leaving it in the car in the middle of Austin. Oh well.

When we got to there the guy asked to see my ID and he stamped my hands even though I'm 21. I wasn't going to drink but it still pissed me off for some reason. I'm still a little peeved about it. Also, it was balls hot. Seriously. I was sweating so much, it felt like I had stepped into a shower with my clothes on.

The opening bands were The Murdocks and Jones Street Station. Both were pretty good. I liked the second one a little better though. The guy who played harmonica had a utility belt for all of his harmonicas. He really got into the music and he had long hair so when he was playing it looked like he was headbanging.
And of course, Ben Kweller was awesome. I've hadn't seen him before. He put on a great show. I've never really listened to him much. Don't get me wrong, I liked what I had heard, but just never put any effort into looking into his stuff. I have a new appreciation for him now. He and his band all did a freakin awesome show and I hope to see them again someday.

I'm broke as hell now but it was totally worth it.

Jens and Ethan are going to Warped Tour in a couple weeks and I'm totally jealous. Maybe next year.

No comments: